By Sarah Redman
Last year i missed Halloween as i was ill, so this year i am combating any illness with happy thoughts from my nails.
Below are a variety of nail designs for Halloween this year. You can do as i have and have something different for each nail or choose one (maybe it goes with your outfit?) and keep the theme across all your nails.
*Warning* you definitely need a steady hand for this, but give it a go. These are Halloween nails after all, so if the face of your ghost gets a little smudged then just call it artistic development and say its to make it look that little bit more scary…
This first hand is my favorite, it was much easier to paint as i’m right handed. It also contains my favorite two designs the mummy face (on my thumb) and the monochrome ghost (on my ring finger). I think for Halloween i will be going monochrome and a mixture of these two designs.
This hand i experimented with texture and colour, to be honest it was pretty fun. I also love how versatile my new Barry M nail foil is!
- Rimmel London – Stronger Try Harder Double Duty Base Coat Strengthens & Protects (£4.59)
- Rimmel London – 5 in 1 Nail Treat Base & Top Coat Total Care Action (£4.49)
- Rimmel London – 60 Seconds 800 Black Out (£3.69)
- Barry M – Nail Paint Nail Foil Effects 320 Gold (£3.99)
- Missguided – Splash & Polish Misstaken / Orange (No Longer Sold)
- Nail Art – Black Pen & Crystals (Varies due to multi packs)
- Models Own – Nail Art Pen Black (£6.00)
- Models Own – Nail Art Pen White (£6.00)
I hope this inspires you to sort some quirky nails for Halloween – its not all about the costume.
Please feel free to share your pictures with us on Twitter too!
What did you think of these nails? Do you like the designs or would you be interested in tutorials from us? Leave a comment or Tweet us @thesarahsblog to let us know.