By Sarah Redman
Loving this brand at the moment, having grown up with my mum wearing it most summers in France, I feel at home in its comfortable chic style.
Having accepted a few hammy downs recently (student budget) – personally i prefer to call it ‘vintage clothes my mum bought when she had more money than i probably ever will’… has a bit more of a ring to it don’t you think? I was happy to see this Jersey Maxi Dress (WH504) – £89.00 in their spring /summer range for 2013.
This style is so easy to wear and has been used for a similar dress a few seasons ago (vintage mum dress), last summer I wore with gold sandals and a floppy hat, never belting as it is too much on the print – however with this SS13 number, there are two plain versions which would work perfectly with a thin metallic belt, like this ASOS Metallic Aztec Metal Keeper Super Skinny Waist Belt – £6.00. Hey – you’ll have already bought the dress give your purse strings a break… besides we all love ASOS and aztec metal print is just a bonus!
Or if you are going all out Boden I suggest the following to mix and match as you wish:
- Floppy Felt Hat (AD126) – £39.00
- Metal Disk Necklace (AK212) – £29.00
- Peep Toe Espadrilles (AR576) – £59.00 to £79.00
- Chelsea Bag (AM170) – £149.00
- Cat’s Eye Shades (AV063) – £49.00
- Suede Demi-Wedges (AR574) – £69.00 (Please chose the bright blue if teeming with the black maxi – it’s summer – you can’t be head to toe black, not even in the evenings! Show a little skin or get your brights on)
- Boho Boots (AZ162) – £110.00 (To be worn in England – where summer is never really summer) #TheSarahsLove #WeWant
Boden always have great summer essentials, for when it’s too hot to think of something ‘super awesome, totally chic, fashionable and now’ to wear – because seriously who has the time? I will be sporting a few pieces from them in my summer wardrobe for those days when i just feel like minimal accessorizing.
One more added bonus to Boden – If you are a first time buyer they will send you a FREE scarf worth £19.
My thoughts: It would be rude not to buy really…